If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (410) 679-6260

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Information For Safe Remediation Of Mold Damage In Your Havre De Grace Area Home

3/11/2017 (Permalink)

Mold Remediation Information For Safe Remediation Of Mold Damage In Your Havre De Grace Area Home Havre De Grace Mold Remediation is Best Left to SERVPRO

SERVPRO Suggests to Call Us for Mold Cleanup in Your Home

Visiting the Center for Disease Control’s (CDC) website presents you with a variety of measures to take when dealing with mold growth in your home. If you read far enough into it, the documentation tells you that there is no such thing as an acceptable type or amount of mold growth and that any mold that you find requires the attention of professionally trained technicians, like those available from SERVPRO.
 
If you insist on tackling the mold damage situation in your Havre De Grace home on your own, it is vital for you to read every bit of information provided by the CDC, EPA, and IICRC certification websites. Do not leave anything to chance, or you may end up causing far more harm to your property. SERVPRO strongly recommends that you hire a professional, certified mold remediation company to tackle an attack by these fungi.
 
The information available through the CDC also states that if the affected area you face exceeds 10 square feet, that you should contact a professional remediation company to handle the situation. Keep that in mind before you proceed.
 
The staff at SERVPRO can provide you with all of the services you need to deal with your mold remediation properly. There is no reason for you to attempt to do these things on your own, we already have IICRC certified technicians available to assist you.  

Protect Yourself – Make sure that you use personal protective equipment such as gloves, masks, and goggles to protect yourself and anyone else present during the remediation process. Safety is #1.

Physically Remove Contaminated Materials – Anything that has the slightest amount of exposure within the contaminated area requires disposal. Just remember to take pictures for insurance purposes. Can you safely discard these contaminated items?

Properly Ventilate The Area – Open every door and window possible while working and leave as many as possible open once you leave for the day. Keep security in mind as well, but remember you only have 24 to 48-hours before the growth process begins. SERVPRO using containment protocols and limiting air circulation to reduce the chance of mold spore migration.

Purposefully Circulate The Air – After you make sure that zero electrical hazards exist, you can use fans and dehumidifiers to assist with removing moisture from the affected area. It is important to dry every area as soon as possible to prevent additional growth.

Products For Cleaning – Avoid mixing cleaning products like bleach and ammonia. When mixed, they create toxic vapors that cause health issues.

Painstakingly Scrub All Surfaces – Clean any contaminated surfaces found with the proper detergent mixture and dry the area immediately. Make sure to remove mold growth effectively before performing repairs. Once again, this information is for the DIY'er. We offer these suggestions to keep you safe, but please call us and play it safe.

If you feel things getting out of control, or you want professional help immediately, contact SERVPRO of Harford County. We are here to help. (410) 679-6260

Other News

View Recent Posts