Mold Damage & Remediation
Mold Infestation & Restoration
When you are facing mold damage, it is important to understand the basics of mold removal and mold remediation. It is relatively simple, and it is essential in hiring the right company at the highest quality and the right price. While understanding and learning the basic ideas of the removal of mold and remediation are simple, actually doing the work properly is challenging. That is why it is best left to trained professionals, like our team at SERVPRO. Anyone who has a mold problem, however, can understand the basic concepts of remediation of the mold without needing a Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Biology, and Earth Sciences.
There are five basic principles of the removal of Fallston mold for it to be successful that we at SERVPRO will follow when we come out to your property:
1. Safety – this involves protecting all occupants and workers.
2. Assessment – We will begin with a preliminary evaluation, an assessment while going through the remediation process, and a final assessment after the remediation is complete to ensure it was successful.
3. Contamination Control – We will prevent any cross-contamination and spreading of the mold from the areas which are contaminated to areas that are not contaminated.
4. Source removal – We will remove the mold at its source.
5. Moisture Removal – We will eliminate the moisture problem which caused the outbreak of mold in the first place.
These five basic principles work no matter what type of mold is being dealt with, including black mold. There is no need to assume that your home is a total loss when you see mold. We can most certainly find the problem and perform a successful remediation of the mold so you can get back to life as usual.
After we remove the mold physically from its source, we will also clean the air in your structure of any airborne spores of the mold using HEPA air scrubbers and air exchange, or replace the dirty, air that is moldy, with clean and fresh air.
We will also take the time to explain to you in plain English all about the remediation process that we plan on using before we begin doing anything. It is important to us that you feel comfortable with what we are doing and understand the process as we go. If you ever have any questions, we are here to answer them, and we will be very understanding in doing so. We want you to know that we have your best interests in mind, and you are not just a number to us.
Other things we will do is use an antimicrobial chemical to clean up the mold and any stains it left behind, and a sealant when the treated areas are clean to make it more resistant to water damage and mold in the future.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
Mold damage shouldn’t take over your life. Get rid of it by calling our specialists at SERVPRO of Harford County. We can be reached any time of day by calling (410) 679-6260, and our caring staff will then come out to your property to begin a plan of remediation.